Master of Theological Studies (M.T.S.)The Masters is an advanced degree in theology for students with an undergraduate degree in theology or ministry.
The Internet Bible College offers the Masters’s Degree – Master of Theological Studies (M.T.S.), through Vision International University or the Texas University of Theology. The Masters is an advanced degree in theology for students with an undergraduate degree in theology or ministry. It provides an extensive, advanced education in a specialised area of Christian ministry.
The degree has a high degree of flexibility, allowing students to develop breadth in several areas or depth in one or two areas.
The Master of Theological Studies provides for extensive, advanced education in a specialised area of Christian ministry. The Masters is a 36 credit hour program that integrates theological education and professional courses. The Master of Theological Studies may serve as the foundation of the Master of Divinity, an academic degree. It is a 90 credit hour program. These programs are specifically suited for students desiring to continue towards doctoral preparation.
About Vision Colleges Master’s Of Theological Studies
The Master of Theological Studies provides for extensive, advanced education in a specialised area of Christian ministry. The Master’s Degree is a 36 credit hour program that integrates theological education and professional courses. The Master of Theological Studies may serve as the foundation of the Master of Divinity, which is an academic degree. It is a 90 credit hour program.
These programs are especially suited for students who seek to continue towards doctoral preparation or:
6 Types of Students Who Might Benefit From The Graduate Diploma
To qualify individuals for autonomous and senior leadership in church groups and other ministry contexts by the values, procedures and practise guidelines of those church groups and Christian ministry contexts
Pathway to Higher Qualifications
or to provide a pathway to higher levels of qualifications
Need to meet denominational qualifications and study requirements
Serve Their Church
Wish to continue into deeper levels of study to serve Christ and the church better
Personal Growth In Christ
Are seeking personal growth and development in Christ
Are involved in ministry at a pastoral level
And truly He gave some to be apostles, and some to be prophets, and some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers, for the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ.
Ephesians 4:11-12 NKJV
Masters Degree Subjects
All of the University Master’s programs are viewed as complete programs. However, transfer of credit may be allowed (up to 6 credits) if course offerings from other institutions are substantially equivalent to the program of Vision and are recognised by C.H.E.A. or a foreign equivalent. There are no modifications of the basic program listed here without the specific permission of the University.
The twelve courses listed below comprise the degree Master of Theological Studies in Theological Studies. The program is a 36 credit hour program that integrates theological education and professional studies. The program consists of 12 courses, three semester credit hours each, 36 credit hours, and a Thesis.
Goals Of Vision College's Master's Degree Program
- To provide advanced knowledge and understanding of the Bible and the relationship between scripture and the applied discipline.
- To provide knowledge and skills in effective, professional ministry.
- To provide academic and professional training equal to programs required for advanced vocational placement.
Recognition Given To The Master's Degree
After completing the Master of Theological Studies degree, you will be able to –
- Provide advanced knowledge and understanding of the Bible and the relationship between scripture and the applied discipline.
- Provide knowledge and skills in effective, professional ministry.
- Lead congregations to creative, biblically–informed transformational endeavours.
- Respond appropriately to societal trends that impact church ministry.
- Critically and sympathetically engage new models with the historic resources of the Christian tradition.
- Demonstrate biblical literacy and theological reflection.
- Serve in a variety of ministry service roles.
- Demonstrate a range of general and specialist ministry skills.
- Minister to people with a wide range of needs, selecting appropriate approaches.
- Demonstrate practical skills in Christian teaching, preaching, leadership, pastoral, counselling, and cross-cultural situations.
- Advance toward a Master of Divinity (M.Div.) or doctoral degree.
Master's Degree Subjects
- CE503 Advanced Leadership & Administration
- CH505 Survey of Church History
- CH510 History of the Charismatic Movements
- MT504 Evangelism and the Local Church
- NT502 The Pastoral Epistles
- NT504 The Gospels/Life of Christ
- NT508 The Epistles and Revelation
- OT505 The Book of Psalms
- OT509 The Christian & Old Testament Theology
Philosophical & Systematic Theology
- PT504 Christian Worldview
- ST503 Contemporary Theology
- The Missionary Encounter with World Religions
The thesis must be of a length between 20,000 to 25,000 words, providing the student with an opportunity to demonstrate their capacity to explore, research, understand and develop a theme in a subject of their own choosing. The student must submit an outline for approval to the office, and the decision on the suitability of the subject rests with the Principal and is final. Guidelines for writing the thesis are contained in the booklet Student Study Helps and Hints and is provided to the student. Further copies are available from our office.