Advanced Diploma of Christian Ministry and Theology
The Advanced Diploma of Christian Ministry and Theology is for those continuing from the Diploma of Christian Ministry and Theology or who enter into the course with advanced standing. The Advanced Diploma of Christian Ministry and Theology continues to extend the skills, learning, and development of their faith in and understanding God’s word and provide for their ministry and at a corporate level.
The course can be completed in one year as a Distance Education study program; the time frame is a guide only depending on the student’s capacity and the circumstances for study.
The course includes a broad range of challenging, faith-building, and biblically-based studies relevant for personal, pastoral, church and community life. Students apply biblical principles to their daily lives and explain and share those Christian truths with others.
Pre-requisites: Diploma of Christian Ministry and Theology or similar award from a Bible college or a minimum of 6 years of verifiable Christian ministry.
Candidates will also require language, literacy and numeracy skills to interpret complex documents, prepare written reports and communicate complex issues orally. An appropriate level of language, literacy and numeracy skills would be ACSF level two (2) in numeracy, three (3) in reading and writing, and four (4) in learning and oral communication.
This award is a pre-requisite for completing the Graduate Certificate of Christian Ministry and Theology.
This Advanced Diploma is for:
Generally speaking, the Advanced Diploma of Christian Ministry and Theology is a preferred option for those involved in, preparing for or seeking to be qualified for work ministry at a Senior Pastoral level and will be expected to work unsupervised in a senior decision-making capacity. It is designed to meet the needs of people who:
- Are involved in ministry at a pastoral level;
- Desire to enter into formal ministerial or Christian work;
- Need to meet denominational qualifications or study requirements;
- Wish to continue into deeper levels of study to serve Christ and the church better;
- Are seeking personal growth and development in Christ.
- Intend to go on to the Graduate Certificate in Christian Ministry and Theology.
- Desire a personal study preference.
Advanced Diploma Subjects
The Theology subjects continue to develop a sound understanding and depth of knowledge. Units are studied in greater depth, more detailed written work is required, and there is a greater emphasis on ministry skills development.
The elective subjects are appropriate for someone involved in ministry at a senior level such as the pastor or seeking to be qualified for a pastoral level of ministry
The student will complete the following units −
- 6 Units of Biblical Theology, identified as “CMT” units.
- 4 Practical Ministry Skills units
VIC has nominated subjects to satisfy the units. Students may request alternative subjects provided they fulfil the unit elements. The decision of the Principal on the substitution request is final.
Students are provided with a textbook, assignments and instructions to complete the subject satisfactorily.
Alternative subjects may be selected from the Study Streams, although the final decision on a preferred alternative rests with the Principal of the College.
[sg_popup id=”4347″ event=”click”]
Core Units for 10744NAT Advanced Diploma Christian Ministry and Theology
Elective Practical Theology Units
There are two options to complete the elective units
- Through our “Online Training Portal”, The student has access to a comprehensive and interactive learning and training experience. The assignments teach and determine competency in the units.
- Access with detailed instructions is provided to students as they enter each unit. Go to the Student User Guide to preview the Vision International Colleges Training Portal.
- If a student cannot access the internet or is uncomfortable with online learning, the same unit is available by mail in hard copy as a workbook with written assignments.
The student must complete a minimum of four elective units with a minimum of 380 nominal hours.
Students may request alternative options for the elective units. See section Elective Skills Units VIC. The decision of the Principal on a choice will be final.
[sg_popup id=”4348″ event=”click”]
Alternative Elective Units for 10744NAT Advanced Diploma Christian Ministry and Theology
Vision International College is an independent Bible college. Many Christian churches and denominations highly value our awards for ministry training purposes.
However, Vision International College cannot offer or guarantee any posting to any church or missions organisation due to the diverse requirements of differing denominations. While our awards are highly respected, applications and inquiries to such bodies must be made in person by the student/graduate.
Upon completing this award, learners should have acquired the necessary knowledge, attitudes, and skills to serve effectively as Christian workers, religious instructors in churches, parishes, para-church organisations, missionary organisations, and religious education.