Internet Bible College
We take your privacy very seriously therefore we urge to read this policy very carefully because it contains important information about:
- who Vision Colleges are,
- how and why Vision Colleges collect, store, use and share personal information,
- your rights in relation to your personal information, and
- how to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event that you have a complaint.
Who Vision Colleges are
Internet Bible College – Denis Plant (trading as Vision Colleges) collect, use and are responsible for certain personal information about you. When Vision Colleges do so, Vision Colleges are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulations, which apply across the European Union (including the United Kingdom), and Vision Colleges are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
The personal information Vision Colleges collect and use
- a) Personal information you provide to us
Vision Colleges collect the following personal information that you provide to us:
Full name, Address, Date of Birth, Age, Contact Details,
Some examples of when Vision Colleges collect this information include:
Purchasing an item
Addition to a mailing list
- b) Sensitive personal information
Sensitive personal information includes any information which relates to the following:
- Your genetic data
- Your biometric data
- Your ethnic origin
- Type and place of work
- Your physical or mental health or disab
- Your level of education
Vision Colleges may request that you provide sensitive information. If Vision Colleges do, Vision Colleges will, in every instance, explain why Vision Colleges are requesting it and how Vision Colleges intend to use it. Vision Colleges will only collect your sensitive personal information with your explicit consent.
Some examples of when Vision Colleges may request sensitive personal information include:
- Applying for enrolment as a student to an accredited course
- c) Personal information you provide about third parties
If you give us information about another person, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on their behalf and agreed that you:
- shall consent on their behalf to the processing of their personal data;
- shall receive any data protection notices on their behalf;
- shall consent on their behalf to the transfer of their personal data abroad; and
- shall consent on their behalf to the processing of their sensitive personal data.
How Vision Colleges use your personal information
Vision Colleges collect information about our users for the following purposes:
Identify you for enrolment purposes and to add to a mailing list
Who your information may be shared with
Vision Colleges may share your information with:
- Law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity
- Australian National Centre for Vocational Education Research (NCVER) www.ncver.edu.au Accredited students only to satisfy legislative requirements
- Vision Colleges will not share your personal information with any other 3rd parties.
Vision Colleges would like to send you information about products, services, offers, competitions and our that may interest to you. Such information could be sent by post, email, telephone, text message or automated call.
Vision Colleges will ask whether you would like us to send you marketing messages on the first occasion that you provide any relevant contact information (i.e. on the purchase, signing up to a newsletter, entering a competition etc). If you do opt-in to receive such marketing from us you can opt-out at any time (see ‘What rights do you have?’ below for further information). If you have any queries about how to receive messages you do not want, contact us using the details below.
Whether personal information has to be provided by you, and if so why
The provision of the following information is required from you:
- Contact Details
- Payment details
This is to enable us to do the following:
- To send study materials
- Send student results
- Promotional materials
Vision Colleges will inform you at the point of collecting information from you, whether you are required to provide the information to us.
How long your personal information will be kept
Vision Colleges will hold your personal information for the following periods:
- Up to 30 years in accordance with Australian law
- These periods are no longer than necessary in each case.
Reasons Vision Colleges can collect and use your personal information
Vision Colleges rely on the following as the lawful basis on which Vision Colleges collect and use your personal information:
- legal obligation
- legitimate interests
The legitimate interests relied upon are as follows:
- For accredited students only. To satisfy the legislative requirements of the Australian National Centre for Vocational Education Research (NCVER) www.ncver.edu.au in the collection of student results and outcomes
The basis on which Vision Colleges process your sensitive information (i.e. special category as in the GDPR) is that:
Australian legislation pertaining to the National Centre for Vocational Education Research (NCVER) www.ncver.edu.au
Consequences of our use of your personal information
The consequence to you of our use of your personal information is:
- Statistical data is collected to improve and develop the Vocational Education programs within the Australian framework.
- To contact and inform you
- To provide our services to you
Keeping your information secure
Vision Colleges have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. Vision Colleges limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Vision Colleges will also use technological and organizational measures to keep your information secure. These measures may include the following examples:
- All data is stored offsite on a secure server
- Vision Colleges also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. Vision Colleges will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where Vision Colleges are legally required to do so.
Indeed, while Vision Colleges will use all reasonable efforts to secure your personal data, in using the site you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason, Vision Colleges cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet. If you have any particular concerns about your information, please contact us using the details below.
Transfers of your information out of the EEA
Vision Colleges may need to transfer your personal data to the following countries outside of the European Economic Area:
These transfers will be undertaken for the purpose of
- Information is collected on the website and stored in a secure offsite database in Australia
- Any transfers to these countries will be undertaken on the basis that that country, territory or one or more specific sectors in that country, or an international organisation ensures an adequate level of protection.
For more information on the basis of any non-EEA transfers, our safeguards or Commission details, please contact us as described below. Vision Colleges will not otherwise transfer your personal data outside of the EEA or to any organisation (or subordinate bodies) governed by public international law or which is set up under any agreement between two or more countries.
Children and the validity of consent
Where Vision Colleges obtain consent from any user Vision Colleges will take reasonable steps to ascertain whether the user is over 13 years of age and whether the child is sufficiently informed to give valid consent. If the user is not, parental consent will be required to provide consent for the processing of any personal information.
What rights do you have?
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- fair processing of information and transparency over how Vision Colleges use your use personal information
- access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which Vision Colleges hold
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
- claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individual’s rights under the General Data Protection Regulations (http://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/)
If you would like to exercise any of these rights please:
- email, call or write to us
- let us have enough information to identify you
- let us have proof of your identity (a copy of your driving license, passport or a recent credit card/utility bill)
- let us know the information to which your request relates
From time to time, Vision Colleges may also have other methods to unsubscribe (opt-out) from any direct marketing, including, for example, unsubscribe buttons or web links. If such are offered, please note that there may be some period after selecting to unsubscribe in which marketing may still be received while your request is being processed.
How to complain
Vision Colleges hope that Vision Colleges can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, particularly in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner, who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
If you have any questions about this policy or the information Vision Colleges hold about you, please contact us by:
PO Box 84
Calls will be answered at the following times:
Mon – Fri 0900 – 1700 AES
Vision Colleges may record calls for quality and training purposes.
Our data protection officer is Denis Plant.