Graduate Diploma in Christian Ministry and Theology
Pre-requisites: Graduate Certificate in Christian Ministry and Theology, or equivalent, OR A recognized Australian undergraduate degree or higher, or equivalent overseas qualification.
The Graduate Diploma will best suit you if:
- You wish to build on skills and learning from the Graduate Certificate.
- You are already involved in ministry or in Christian work and service.
- You wish to enter into a pastoral level of ministry.
- You wish to enter into a deeper level of study to serve Christ and the church.
Subjects and Study Streams
Units are studied at greater depth, more detailed written work is required, and there is a greater emphasis on ministry skills development.
The student is required to complete a minimum of 6 units as follows −
- 3 Units of Biblical Theology, identified as “CMT” units
- 3 Practical Ministry Skills units
Biblical Theology Subjects
- CMTTHE803A Christian Life and Evangelical Spiritual Theology
- CMTTHE804A Christian Ethics A Biblical Theology of Morality
- CMTMIN802A The Missionary Encounter with World Religions
Practical Ministry Subjects
To develop practical skills the student will be involved in a local church or community-based program under qualified leadership and document the work experience as required for each unit. Each practical unit is strengthened with a subject from Vision as listed.
- Establish a new field of Ministry ...................................... Supernatural Architecture
- Establish an effective Ministry Team ............................... Leadership - Vision for the City
- Develop and Cultivate Ministry Relationships ................Principles and Practice of Pastoral Leadership
Recognition Given To The Graduate Diploma
Upon completion of this qualification learners will have acquired the necessary knowledge, attitudes and skills to serve effectively as workers and pastors, missionaries in churches, parishes, para-church organisations, missionary organisations, and in religious education.