Graduate Certificate in Christian Ministry and Theology
Pre-requisites: Advanced Diploma of Christian Ministry and Theology, or equivalent, OR Bachelors in Theology or other related discipline from an Australian or International accredited institution.
The Graduate Certificate will best suit you if:
- You wish to build on skills and learning from the Advanced Diploma.
- You wish to advance to the Graduate Diploma.
- You are already involved in ministry or in Christian work and service.
- You wish to enter into a pastoral level of ministry.
- You wish to enter into a deeper level of study to serve Christ and the church.
- You are an intern who desires to further develop their ministry and professional skills.
Subjects and Study Streams
Units are studied at greater depth, more detailed written work is required, and there is a greater emphasis on ministry skills development.
The student is required to complete a minimum of 6 units as follows −
- 3 Units of Biblical Theology, identified as “CMT” units
- 3 Practical Ministry Skills units
Biblical Theology Subjects
- CMTTHE801A The Pastoral Epistles
- CMTTHE802A History of the Charismatic Movements
- CMTMIN801A The Christian & Old Testament Theology
Practical Ministry Subjects
To develop practical skills the student will be involved in a local church or community-based program under qualified leadership and document the work experience as required for each unit. Each practical unit is strengthened with a subject from Vision as listed.
- Conflict Management (60 hours)............................ Conflict Management and Resolution
- Managing Ministry (72 hours).................................. The Healing Community
Recognition Given To The Graduate Certificate
Upon completion of this qualification learners should have acquired the necessary knowledge, attitudes and skills to serve effectively as workers and pastors, missionaries in churches, parishes, para-church organisations, missionary organisations, and in religious education.