Certificate III in Christian Ministry and Theology
Certificate III will best suit you if:
- You are seeking an entry level option that develops a sound foundation for Christian life and work.
- Is an ideal "Gap Year" study option
- You are a new Christians or require an introductory level of study.
- You are seeking Practical Ministry Skills Development.
Subjects and Study Streams
These subjects develop a sound foundation for Christian life and work, assist Christians to grow in their knowledge of God, the scriptures and in their understanding of their faith and their ability to serve the Lord Jesus Christ. The practical work is appropriate for someone involved in church or ministry activities at a “First Year” student, someone who is not in oversight and under direct oversight of a mentor.
This course can be completed in one year as a Distance Education study program. The time frame is a guide only and is dependent upon the student's own capacity and the circumstances relating to his or her study.
Certificate III in Christian Ministry And Theology attracts Austudy, AbStudy or Youth Allowance for eligible Australian students.
The student is required to complete a minimum of 8 units as follows −
- 6 Units of Biblical Theology, identified as “CMT” units
- 2 Practical Ministry Skills units
Biblical Theology Subjects
- CMTTHE301A Dynamic Christian Foundations
- CMTTHE302A New Testament Survey
- CMTTHE303A Great Words of the Gospel
- CMTTHE304A Old Testament Survey
- CMTMIN301A Faith Dynamics
- CMTMIN302A Clothed with Power
Practical Ministry Subjects
To develop practical skills the student will be involved in a local church or community-based program under qualified leadership and document the work experience as required for each unit. Each practical unit is strengthened with a subject from Vision as listed.
These practical subjects may be undertaken on our new Vision Colleges on line portal or through the submission of details portfolio of skills and distance education learning options
- Organize Ministry Priorities (30 hours).............................. Time Management
- Assisting in a Church Ministry (32 hours).......................... Methodologies of Multiplication
Recognition Given To Certificate III
Upon completion of this qualification, learners should have acquired the necessary knowledge, attitudes and skills to serve effectively as workers and religious instructors in churches, parishes, para-church organisations, missionary organisations, and in religious education.