Advanced Diploma of Christian Ministry and Theology
Pre-requisite: Diploma of Christian Ministry and Theology from Vision International College or similar instituion or Diploma in a similar field of study.
The Advanced Diploma of Christian Ministry And Theology builds on skills and knowledge devoped through the Diploma of Christian Ministry And Theology and is the pre-requisite for those who wish to go on to the Graduate Certificate in Christian Ministry And Theology.
The Advanced Diploma will best suit you if:
- You are looking for a broad range of in-depth, challenging, faith building, and biblically based studies.
- You are already involved either in ministry or some form of Christian work and service.
- You wish to enter into a pastoral level of ministry.
- You wish to enter into a deeper level of study to serve Christ and the church.
- You are a ministry intern or trainee pastor and are looking for a flexible option for continuing study.
- You wish to go on to the Graduate Certificate.
- You wish to go on to degree level studies with an Australian educational institution or with Vision International University in the United States of America
- You are seeking Practical Ministry Skills Development.
The student’s practical work is appropriate for someone who is actively involved in a leadership or oversight position within the ministry. The Advanced Diploma of Christian Ministry And Theology attracts Austudy, AbStudy or Youth Allowance for eligible Australian students.
The course can be completed in one year as a Distance Education study program, the time frame is a guide only and dependent upon the student's own capacity and the circumstances relating to his or her study.
The course includes a broad range of challenging, faith building, and biblically based studies relevant for personal, pastoral, church, and community life. Units are studied at greater depth, more detailed written work is required, and there is a greater emphasis on ministry skills development.
Upon completion of this qualification, learners should have acquired the necessary knowledge, attitudes and skills to serve effectively as workers and pastors, missionaries in churches, parishes, para-church organisations, missionary organisations, and in religious education. Students will learn to apply biblical principles to their daily life, and understand how to explain and share those principles with others.
Subjects and Study Streams
Units are studied at greater depth, more detailed written work is required, and there is a greater emphasis on ministry skills development.
The student is required to complete a minimum of 10 units as follows −
- 6 Units of Biblical Theology, identified as “CMT” units
- 4 Practical Ministry Skills units
Biblical Theology Subjects
- CMTTHE601A Songs to Live By
- CMTTHE602A Worlds Greatest Story
- CMTTHE603A Marriage and Family I: Marriage and Family Life
- CMTTHE604A When the Trumpet Sounds
- CMTTMIN601A Throne Rights
- CMTTMIN602A Marriage and Family II: Parenting on Purpose
Practical Ministry Subjects
To develop practical skills the student will be involved in a local church or community-based program under qualified leadership and document the work experience as required for each unit. Each practical unit is strengthened with a subject from Vision as listed.
- Manage a Developing Ministry (120 hours)................... Management By Objectives
- Establish a Ministry (72 hours)........................................ Environmental Analysis
- Leadership and Development (72 hours)..................... Pastoral Ministry: In the eye of the Storm
- Research and Ministry Development (40 hours)......... Building the Church God Wants
Recognition Given To The Advanced Diploma
Upon completion of this qualification learners should have acquired the necessary knowledge, attitudes and skills to serve effectively as workers and pastors, missionaries in churches, parishes, para-church organisations, missionary organisations, and in religious education.