Statement of Faith
While it is impossible to state all that we believe on a single page there is enough information here for you to make a judgement call on our position on the word of God.
- That there is only one God, who has revealed himself as our Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- In the absolute Lordship and deity of Christ, including his pre-existence, his virgin birth, his sinless life, his atoning death, his bodily resurrection, and his eventual return to the Earth in glory and power to establish his eternal kingdom.
- In the full spiritual authority, the reliability, and the divine inspiration of the Bible.
- That nothing can replace the importance of the local church in the programme of God.
- That the great task of the church is worldwide evangelism.
- That the entrance into the church is through the "new birth", which is brought about by genuine repentance of sin, confession of faith in Christ as the only Savior, and surrender to him as Lord.
- That membership in the church is signified by joyful participation in its worship, fellowship, sacraments, witness, and by acceptance of its discipline.
- That the ministry of the Holy Spirit is an essential component of effective Christian life and witness.
- That the church cannot fulfil its mission apart from the five ascension gift ministries that Christ has sent into the world: apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers. We accept that it is part of our responsibility to recognize those people and to assist in equipping them to fulfil their ministry.
- In the reality of Satan, and the kingdom of darkness over which he reigns. We believe also in the absolute triumph of Christ over the devil and all his works.
- That victorious Christian life is built upon a proper understanding and exercise of the spiritual authority conveyed to the believer by the gift of righteousness.
- In the resurrection of the dead at Christ's return, in the certainty of God's judgment, and in the inescapable result of that judgment foretold in the scriptures for the just and the unjust.